Celebrate Summer with the Natural Areas Conservancy!
Join us on June 18, 2019 from 6:30pm - 8:30pm at India House in Manhattan, as we celebrate our achievements in protecting New York City's natural resources, and work to continue this important mission. Get your tickets!
Learn about NYC’s nature and our work at these upcoming events
SOLD OUT - Jamaica Bay Natural Areas Tour Series: Sunset Kayak Tour of Subway Island
– MapJoin Don Riepe, Jamaica Bay Guardian at the American Littoral Society, and Alex Zablocki, Executive Director of the Jamaica Bay-Rockaway Parks Conservancy, for a sunset kayak tour of Jamaica Bay and its iconic marsh islands. Depart from the Community Boathouse at Beach 88th St. and paddle to the… More Info
Jamaica Bay Natural Areas Tour Series: Bike the Jamaica Bay Greenway!
– MapJoin NAC Ecologists and Jamaica Bay-Rockaway Parks Conservancy staff for a bike tour of natural areas along the Jamaica Bay Greenway. Start in Canarsie Park and view the recently restored upland and coastal restoration areas. Continue along the Greenway as you take in views of Jamaica Bay and… More Info
2019 Women's Speaker Series: Outdoor Activism and Advocacy
– MapThe Natural Areas Conservancy's Leila Mougoui will be at REI SoHo to talk about forming coalitions and NYC Nature Goals 2050: Advocating for the outdoors is important work that requires successfully navigating complexities in public policy while bringing people together for a common cause. For the… More Info
Jamaica Bay Natural Areas Tour Series: Past and Present Fort Tilden
– MapJoin a National Park Service Park Ranger and Helen Forgione, Senior Ecologist at the Natural Areas Conservancy, for a walking tour of Fort Tilden’s military remnants that are slowly being reclaimed by nature. Fort Tilden served as an important military post during both world wars and the Cold War, a… More Info
Jamaica Bay Natural Areas Tour Series: Explore Sunset Cove
– MapJoin Dan Mundy, Vice President of the Jamaica Bay Ecowatchers, and learn about Sunset Cove’s unique ecology and the community engagement and civic action that led to its multi-million-dollar restoration. Once fully restored, Sunset Cove will offer a rare chance for the public to get up close and p… More Info
Looking for a past event?
Workshops and Trainings
The Natural Areas Conservancy, in partnership with NYC Parks, is proud to work directly with park conservancies across New York City, to advise and assist with the stewardship of 10,000 acres of natural areas. Our scientists have developed a set of resources and tools to streamline these citywide management efforts. Throughout the spring and summer, we'll be holding a series of workshops and trainings for partner organizations to learn and test-drive these cutting edge tools.
Thanks to everyone who supported us at our yearly fundraisers! Check out the links below to see recaps of the events.